Re: mlock(1)

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 20:35:31 EST

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 06:21:27PM -0700, David Lang wrote:
> if you don't do a -c mkswap runs fast enough that it shouldn't be a
> problem to do it every boot.

yep, speed isn't my worry, my worry is a misconfigured /etc/fstab wiping
out a filesystem...

If I didn't worry about wiping out a filesystem, then using cryptoloop
would be easier than to interface cryptoapi inside the swap methods to
leave the header in cleartext, so that it can be still checked for a
magic number before starting writing into it. (plus interfacing swap
with cryptoapi makes suspend/resume life easier too)