Re: SCSI Initio 9100UW (INIC-950p chipset) support nunder kernel2.6.x

From: Rodrigo Severo
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 16:25:22 EST

Pozsar Balazs wrote:

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 05:06:51PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 01:03:00PM -0300, Rodrigo Severo wrote:

with kernel 2.4.24 (yes, I know it's old).

I want to update my kernel do 2.6.8. The question: is there support for this board/chipset under kernel 2.6.x?

I looked around a lot and couldn't find much. www.initio.com says their code is in the kernel since 2.0.32. Has it been left out for 2.6.x?

Is anyone working on this port? Anyone intending to work on it?

The driver still exists and actually compiles. It's marked BROKEN, although
I don't know why. If you want to help testing we can update it to current
standards.

It works perfectly for me. (I have 1 disk and 1 cdrom.)

Also note that mandrake ships a kernel with the BROKEN flag patched off.

I do not know why was it marked as such.

In fact it works just fine for me too. As Christoph Hellwig latest message suggested I was suffering lack-of-st-driver sickness *:">

As far as I can tell the driver is really fine. Maybe it's time to remove the BROKEN flag from it? I am not sure who is responsible for this but here is my Works For Me vote.

Thanks you all for your help,

Rodrigo Severo

*