Re: 2.6.9-rc2-mm3

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 04:33:39 EST

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 01:46:43AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> - This is a quick not-very-well-tested release - it can't be worse than
> 2.6.9-rc2-mm2, which had a few networking problems.
> - Added Dmitry Torokhov's input system tree to the -mm bk tree lineup.
> +512x-altix-timer-interrupt-livelock-fix-vs-269-rc2-mm2.patch
> profiler speedup

Hmm, it's more that the profiler failed to meet a hard RT deadline
(yes, Linux has some of those) i.e. finishing its work before the next
timer interrupt occurs. I suppose a speedup is the nature of the fix...

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 01:46:43AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> +sparc32-early-tick_ops.patch
> Avoid early oops on sparc32 with the zaphod scheduler

This is probably sparc64; I've not been doing much with -mm on sparc32
apart from compiletests in favor of chasing longer-term issues e.g.
HyperSPARC DMA, SMP, etc., largely using mainline point releases.

-- wli