keyword for rivafb in XF86Confige file

From: Mukund JB.
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 00:34:53 EST

Hello All,

I am not able to make my X server work on rivafb (framebuffer module) which is loaded as a module on system.

Steps followd by me :-

# modprobe rivafb.o
modprobe : Can't locate mnodule rivafb.o

So, loaded the rivafb module along with other modules using insmod by checking the dependency list in "modules.dep".

I get the rivafb specific debug messages when I switch consoles. But I don't get them when I try to open a GUI Application in my X windows.

I edited "XF86Config-4" file
Driver "nvidia" .
Is it the right keyword to invoke the rivafb driver. I got this on same maillists. Where in the system can I find the database for these keyword stuff.

Later, when I say
# startx
It says:-
(EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) No devices detected.

What is going wrong here? Is there any other way through which I can tell the X server to use Framebuffer.

Please help.

My system configuration
Os                linux 7.3(kernel - 2.4.18)
Boot loader       lilo
Default runlevel  3
Framebuffer       rivafb
X server version  4.2.0