Re: [rfc][patch] 1/2 Additional cpuset features

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 14:45:15 EST

The cpuset relative numbering may be essential for consistent
cpu numbering f.e. in ia64's perfmon etc. This may affect multiple
subsystems of the kernel that enumerate CPUs.

Simon's 2nd patch provides a translation that we need at SGI for perfmon
support within a cpuset. Without the virtualization some
means in user space needs to exist to translate a virtual CPU number
into a physical CPU number.