Re: Javascript bug with 2.6.8.1

From: Koos Vriezen
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 13:19:09 EST

sledgedog wrote:
> hi,
> the error occurs with any navigator and only with the kernel 2.6.8
> the javascript on an https interactive site of a bank won't
> display the full page and hang in the middle .
> But with the kernel 2.6.7 on same machine with same
> programs there is no problem the full page is displayed.
> I can reproduce the problem on different machines.
> I'd like to be personally CC'ed the answers/comments posted to the
> list in response to my posting.

Coincidence, I was bashing the #debian channel today with this problem
too. Used 'lynx -source www.iu.nl/nl' as testcase. After ignoring
"it's ECN, you moron" and some tcpdump analyses, turned out to be 2.6.8.1
related. I really hope someone explains in this thread if 2.6.8.1 needs
some extra configuring compared to 2.6.7 or either point to a patch or
so.

Koos