Re: [sata] ALI M5281

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 06:07:15 EST

On Maw, 2004-09-21 at 10:51, Shine on this Life That's Burnin' Out
wrote:
> Even some sort of semi-functional code would be nice. (Reminds me of
> my attempts to forward-port old korean package for Aralion UltimaRAID
> systems. Works in later 2.4's but dies on 2.6 =( )

A lot of badly written code (or just old code that didnt know
about the PCI mapping API) does that

> Was ALI good about specs for their old M15x3 series?

Reasonably so, at least when approached by a Linux vendor. I have some
ALi data sheets under NDA for example. I don't know how they view random
individual requests.

Alan