Machine crashes after disk failure and use of software raid options with 2.4.18 kernel

From: Norbert van Nobelen
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 11:32:36 EST

One of my machines just crashed while it should not do that at disk failure.
Can someone hint me if the data is still intact before I start with the
recover?

The disks (4) are configured in raid5 configuration using software raid only.
Disk setup:
Per disk: 1 GB system, 1 GB swap, 70GB raid space
Only one system disk (I think that is exactly the disk which gave up, so the
machine won't boot), installed on it: Suse 8.2 professional, standard kernel
without changes to it.
I don't have any further information than this :-(