WRT54G

From: Aiko Barz
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 05:01:41 EST

Hi there!

It's the wrt54g subject again...
I'm mirroring the Sveasoft-firmware, which was published under the
terms of "GPL". At least Sveasoft said that. Of course, many drivers
are closed. And others look like this:
* This is UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODE of Broadcom Corporation;
Since those drivers are kept outside the kernel-tree it might be
allright with the GPL.

Now, wind changed quite a bit: Sveasoft wants money for their
firmware. (It's ok with me.) Sveasoft actually sells the code. You
only get a copy if you are a registered, paying Sveasoft-user. This
also covers the GPL-part.

This site http://www.linksys.com/support/gpl.asp also implies, that i
can redistribute those drivers and firmwares. But it is the same
problem with them. Those wrt54g-firmwares also contain non-GPL
sourcecodes and binaries.

Sveasoft is hunting down mirrorsites right now. Of course, they want
to earn some money. So i'm not sure what I should do next?!
Going down or asking for the rest of the code?

Bis denne,
Aiko

--
.~. Aiko Barz