RE: 2.6.9-rc2-bk4 Unknown symbol __VMALLOC_RESERVE

From: Sid Boyce
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 01:44:39 EST

C.Y.M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After testing 2.6.9-rc2-bk4 today, I am getting the following error when I
> attempt to load my Nvidia module:
>
> Sep 18 15:31:36 poseidon kernel: nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints
> kernel.
> Sep 18 15:31:36 poseidon kernel: nvidia: Unknown symbol __VMALLOC_RESERVE

There is a recent post with details of what's needed for the nvidia driver to compile and work. Links to patched are included. For that one, put as the first line in nv.c
unsigned int __VMALLOC_RESERVE;

There is also the need to add "PM_SAVE_STATE, /* save device's state */" to included/linux/pm.h after PM_RESUME line and a previous patch to nv.c that's been around a few weeks now.
Regards
Sid.
--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
=====LINUX ONLY USED HERE=====