Re: 2.6.9-rc2-mm1

From: Russell King
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 03:20:17 EST

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:01:34PM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> Tested this on my laptop, which is a shoddy testing environment because
> it lacks serial devices... no, not all of my boxen are UltraEnterprise,
> AlphaServer, and Altix systems (the Altix isn't even mine, it's werk's).
> But anyway, I got some kind of backtrace in yenta_interrupt, that said
> "stack pointer is garbage, not dumping" or some such, followed by an

As far as "stack pointer is garbage", ISTR that I've seen that some
bug reports, and it looked like the test for that was wrong - ESP
seemed to be within 4K or 8K (I don't remember which) of the reported
stack base.

I think the first step is for someone to check whether the stack
pointer validation code is correct or not.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/