Re: top hogs CPU in 2.6: kallsyms_lookup is very slow

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 09:02:01 EST

> Is there an easy way to run only this one? I can profile that.
> Larry?

Absolutely, when you are in the source directory you can see how all this
is run, it's just a shell script. Look in ../scripts/lmbench for lat_pipe
and run that.

In general, the code in LMbench is very very small and it's easy to tinker
with the system and add more tests. I've been very surprised over the
years that people haven't done so.

For what it is worth, we're looking at porting LMbench to Windows using
the Unix API layer we did in BitKeeper.
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com