Re: [Patch] cpusets: fix race in cpuset_add_file()

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 04:14:55 EST

Simon wrote:
> The result is that `ls' and `mkdir' both create a dentry for a/b/cpus

Ouch - persuasive - well presented - thanks.

On the flip side, I am not finding any firm basis in the concerns I had
that led me down the other path.

Give me a few hours to run this through a bit of unit testing on my
side, then I will likely endorse your patch.

I have two minor patches on my side:
1) add CONFIG_CPUSETS=y to sn2_defconfig, and
2) remove some more casts of (void *)d_fsdata.

If it's ok by you, and I don't have any more questions, I will send all
three along to Andrew, as a set, in a few hours.

Good work, Simon.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability