Re: PROBLEM: page allocation or what in 2.6.8.1

From: Harry Edmon
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 16:03:51 EST

Once I mounted "nfsd" and went to autofs4 all problems went away with 2.6.9-rc1-bk9. Thanks for the help.

Andrew Morton wrote:

Harry Edmon <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So far, no crash. But now I have NFS clients that from time to time are unable
to access this server. The server has the following messages on it:

Aug 31 15:16:43 funnel rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted

I can temporarily fix the problem by typing:

exportfs -ar

But eventually it happens again.

Well there were a few other NFS fixes. Can you test the latest kernel
from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/snapshots/ ?