Re[2]: [2.6.8.1-ck7-web100] Badness in cfq_sort_rr_list

From: Maciej Soltysiak
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 10:27:37 EST

>> Harmless you say... :-) The machine almost hardlocked. I could only
>> type my username during login and that's all.
>> Maybe it is unrelated but I will try the suggested patch.

> Please use technical terms. "almost hardlocked" is ambiguous at best.
1. While being logged in with SSH, I typed date to see the today's
date. Nothing showed up, I tried ctrl+c to break whatever might be
there to break. I tried ctrl+z to try to push the task to background.
No reponse was there.
So I tried logging once more with SSH to my account. I logged in, saw
the MOTD. Once I typed one command - ls for instance - I had the same as above.
So I was able to login with SSH.

2. When I went to the console, I saw the cfq traces. I switched to the
other tty (alt+f2) and tried to log in as root, After typing root and
pressing enter I could not log in this way as with ssh.

3. I tried alt+prn+S to sync. No effects besides the disks sync'd.
So I unmounted them (alt+prn+U) and rebooted (alt+prn+B) and
sent the traces I saw.

Anyway that does not give any clues as to the source of it. Or does
it?

--
Regards,
Maciej