Is there a limit on the amount of entries in /proc filesystem?

From: Gracjan Jankowski
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 08:21:36 EST

Hi !

The environment I work in is: SGI ProPack v2.2 for Linux, Kernel
2.4.20-sgi220r3 on an ia64.

When I intensively test my kernel module then more than 3100 entries in
/proc filesytem are created. When such number of entries is attained
then, even though create_proc_entry() and proc_mkdir() functions end
with success, the new files or directories don't appear in /proc
filesystm.

What is going wrong? Is there a limit on the amount of entries in /proc
filesystem? If yes, why the create_proc_entry() and proc_mkdir()
functions do not return NULL pointers?

As I'm not subscribed on this list, please set CC field in reply mail on
gracjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance.

Gracjan Jankowski