Re: open source realtek driver for 8180

From: tuxrocks
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 20:09:27 EST

The realtek drivers have worked for me, but only (as you said) for 2.4. They
also don't support monitor mode, which I would like to use.
I had similar experiences with the sourceforge projects mentioned. The
rtl8180+sa2400 bailed with numerous warnings. The project you mention might
be the other one on sourceforge, rtl-ddp. Things seemed to be moving, but
then stalled. It compiles and insmods but doesn't have the wireless
extensions supported yet. I'm sure everyone involved in the projects is
busy, but I'm just trying to see if going out and buying a 20 or 30 dollar
card that is supported would be my best bet.