Re: [patch] kernel sysfs events layer

From: Robert Love
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 16:15:20 EST

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 13:56 -0700, Tim Hockin wrote:

> If you're notifying me of mounts and unmounts, I really want to know about
> all of them, not just mounts that have a hard local device. I'd rather
> get "something was mounted" and be forced to probe that (that's a leak,
> too, but less important).

If its a big deal, we can use a generic kobject instead of the physical
device, but I don't think it is a big deal.

It is technically not a security issue, anyhow, since the kevent
requires root to read. But I suppose most uses are going to shovel all
the events onto a user visible bus and we don't want to do arbitration
in user-space.

Robert Love