open source realtek driver for 8180

From: tuxrocks
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 11:18:51 EST

Hello all. I posted to the list in July concerning the possible importance of the infamous 8180 chipset specifications in developing an open-source (and more complete) driver. Jeff Garzik replied that a driver was forthcoming by late August. I was just curious as to where I should be keeping an eye out for the driver (there are currently two projects at sourceforge developing drivers for this chipset, was Jeff refering to one of these?) and if development was getting close to completion. Please cc me any replies.
Thanks for your time, and thanks to all of the developers!
--Wayne