Re: [patch] kernel sysfs events layer

From: Jan Dittmer
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 02:41:11 EST

re-added lkml cc

Tim Hockin wrote:
Take another example: ECC. I'd love to spit out ECC messages in a
standard way. I've got some code in devel to do better ECC handling. But
you have to spit out the CPU and the address, at least, and possibly more.

Well, time for /sys/devices/memory/memory<n>/. That would perhaps also be suitable for numa which want to know which memory module is near which cpu. So you could have symbolic links in /sys/devices/cpu/cpu<n> to the corresponding memory modules.

Jan