Re: offtopic: how to break huge patch into smaller independent patches?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 23:38:08 EST

Andreas Dilger wrote:

Consider using a source-control tool next time ;-/.

We used a source control tool. Its just not very useful when people do a port from one kernel version to the next and submit it as one giant patch against the new kernel rather than new versions of the original individual patches.

I'm the one planning how to avoid this problem in our next development cycle.

Chris