Re: HP/Compaq (Winbond) SD/MMC reader supported

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 11:43:55 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

Hi!

Is the 0xf00 id the only one you get? If it is a SuperIO chip then

How can I (try to) get other id's? Yes, it seems to be stable across reboots.

You don't. The driver will list all it finds, so if there's only one line then that's it.

resetting it will probably cause all sorts of funky problems.
Do you know what SuperIO is used in the machine? And have you tried confirming that the card reader is indeed winbond? The easiest way to do that is to see if the Windows driver is wbsd.sys.

Stefan, could you take a look? I rm -rf'ed my copy of windows :-(.

SuperIO is behind ISA bridge so it can not be deduced from lspci? Or I
may be completely off mark; there's Unknown mass storage controller:
Texas Instruments PCI7420 Flash Media Controller.... Hmm, that seems
like flash.

PCI7420 does indeed support SD/MMC so there's a high probability that this is the wrong driver for you. See if TI will release a complete spec. for the SD/MMC interface. Then you can start writing your own driver ;)

Rgds
Pierre