Re: Copying huge amount of data on ReiserFS, XFS and Silicon Image3112 cause oops.

From: Marcin Garski
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 11:13:55 EST

[Please CC me on replies, I am not subscribed to the list, thanks]

Nathan Scott wrote:

>> Possible hardware problems? Have you run memtest there?

I forgot to mention about that in previous email.
Yes i've run memtest+ and nothing wrong was detected.

>> Was 4KSTACKS enabled in those kernels (I think so)? - XFS
>> has one known problem with that option when running low on
>> space (patch fixing that is being tested atm) and I think
>> the reiserfs folks had some 4k stack issues as well at one
>> point, so that might be another explanation.

No, 4KSTACKS was disabled, because both kernels was compiled by myself
and i always disable 4KSTACKS.

--
Best Regards
Marcin Garski