keep the linux logo displayed on 2.6.7

From: Ludovic Drolez
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 07:39:39 EST

Hi !

One year ago, I wanted to find a way to keep the linux logo displayed, and I posted this:

Many thanks for the esc sequence hint !
But it seems there's something broken with it: if I send 'esc[10;20r'
- the scrolling region is now between lines 10 and 20
- but, the cursor is moved to 0,0 instead of line 10
- and the linux logo does not appear...
Bug or feature ??

James Simmons said 'Bug. Fixed in the latest kernel.', but with a 2.6.7, the escape sequence has the same behavior and the logo does not appear. (cursor moved to 0,0 instead of line 10).

Any ideas on how to really fix that bug ?

Cheers,

--
Ludovic DROLEZ Free&ALter Soft
152, rue de Grigy - Technopole Metz 2000 57070 METZ