Re: Linux 2.6.9-rc2

From: Gerd Knorr
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 05:04:30 EST

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 11:57:44PM +0200, Peter Osterlund wrote:
> Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Gerd Knorr:
> > o v4l: bttv driver update
>
> This patch,
>
> Output from dmesg with a working kernel: (-rc2 with the above patch reverted)

> [ ... ]

> When running the crashing kernel, the last line in /var/log/messages
> after the crash is:
>
> bttv0: pinnacle/mt: id=2 info="PAL+SECAM / stereo" radio=yes
>
> Maybe there is more data that doesn't make it to the disk. I can try
> again with a serial console if you think that would help.

That certainly is incomplete, at least the insmod messages should be
there if mencoder triggeres the crash. A serial console log would be
helpful. You can also try to reverse only parts of the patch, only the
changes in bttv-driver.c and/or in bttv-risc.c and see what happens.

Which format+size you are capturing with mencoder?

Gerd

--
return -ENOSIG;