Re: HP/Compaq (Winbond) SD/MMC reader supported

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 23:25:15 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

Hmm, it does something here on my nx5000... It causes 2 "bad parity
from KBD" errors and then freezes boot. But the chip is detected and I
see

mmc0: W83L51xD id f00 at 0x248 irq 1 dma 0

message. (How do I guess right values for irq? I thought that
interference with keyboard means it uses irq 1, but it is probably not
the case, and default values did not work, too).

I'll try turning off ALSA because it actually freezes machine only
after alsa is loaded.

You seem to be running an old version of the driver. The ports for the driver are also often populated by SuperIO chip. The detection routine was a bit optimistic in the earlier versions so it started resetting the wrong hardware.

As of writing the latest version is 0.7 and a patch can be downloaded at:

http://projects.drzeus.cx/wbsd/download.php?get=files/wbsd-0.7.patch

Rgds
Pierre