Re: 2.6.9-rc1-bk11+ and 2.6.9-rc1-mm3,4 r8169: freeze during boot (FIX included)

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 17:04:29 EST

Hans-Frieder Vogt <hfvogt@xxxxxxxx> :
[...]
> no oops (BUG_ON not triggered)! System boots up as normal, but just after I

> log in on the console the system freezes, i.e., keyboard does not react any
> more and the system is not accessible via network.

- do the keyboard leds or the magic sysrq answer (I assume you boot without X) ?
- does it make a difference if you boot with the network cable unpluged (i.e.
fine until pluged then dead when first packet comes in) ?

> The time from the moment I log in to the time when the system freezes varies,
> but is in the order of 5s.

First packet probably. Can you verify this point ?

> There is no difference whether NAPI is enabled or not.

I will welcome lspci -vx + gcc version + objdump -S of the r8169 module.

--
Ueimor