Re: kernbench on 512p

From: Manfred Spraul
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 13:22:22 EST

Greg Edwards wrote:

Whenever this happens, there is another thread waiting to sync buffers
(sometimes with several backed up behind him). It was kjournald in this
case. Have you seen this ever with these patches?

No - as I wrote, I tested only with qemu, without networking. Thus the bh queue was never used. Just booting a complete system with uniprocessor, spinlock debugging enabled immediately showed a bug in line 315: It unlocked rcu_state.lock instead of rsp->lock :-(

pseudo-patch:

out_unlock_all:
- spin_unlock(&rcu_state.lock);
+ spin_unlock(&rsp->lock);