Re: journal aborted, system read-only

From: Stephen C. Tweedie
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 10:25:12 EST

Hi,

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 16:28, Gene Heskett wrote:

> I just got up, and found advisories on every shell open that the
> journal had encountered an error and aborted, converting my /
> partition to read-only.
> The kernel is 2.6.9-rc1-mm4. .config available on request.

> This is precious little info to go on, but basicly I'm wondering if
> anyone else has encountered this?

Well, we really need to see _what_ error the journal had encountered to
be able to even begin to diagnose it. But 2.6.9-rc1-mm3 and -mm4 had a
bug in the journaling introduced by low-latency work on the checkpoint
code; can you try -mm5 or back out
"journal_clean_checkpoint_list-latency-fix.patch" and try again?

Cheers,
Stephen