Tuning max_thread_proc kernel parameter

From: Bikram Assal
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 21:39:32 EST

Hi,

I have a question regarding finding value for kernel parameters.
How can we find the values for max_thread_proc and nkthread kernel parameters ? Which file do I need to look up ?

I'm running RedHat Enterprise Linux server and am trying to figure out the current limit set for maximum threads per process and the kernel threads nkthread.

Is there a different kernel parameter that tells the value for allowed no of threads per process other than max threads parameter ?

In case the values are low, is it possible to increse these values as some of the applications running on the server create hundreds of threads (WebLogic) ??

Thanks for your help.

- Bikram.