Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] fbdev broken in current bk for PPC

From: Joseph Fannin
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 20:54:26 EST

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 05:04:09AM +0800, Antonino A. Daplas wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> How about this patch? This brings back the old way of setting up the
> drivers, supports:
>
> video=xxxfb:off
> video=ofonly
>
> Your patch that brings offb to the very last of the Makefile is needed.

Applying these two patches to 2.6.9-rc1-mm4 makes the framebuffer
console on my Powermac work again. This box has an ATI RAGE chip on
the motherboard I don't often use, so being able to do video=atyfb:off
lets me keep the driver around -- thanks!

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Bull in pure form is rare; there is usually some contamination by data."
-- William Graves Perry Jr.