Re: radeon-pre-2

From: Mike Mestnik
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 20:58:20 EST

--- Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sad, 2004-09-11 at 16:53, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> > Lastly, I am not saying you have to put all the code in the same
> file.
> > All I am saying we can mandate that all Radeon HW specific code is
> linked
> > in one module - and this would make things easier for developers.
>
> And if I want dri but not frame buffer, or vice versa, as the majority
> of current users do

Hopefully any change to the kernel will allow building FB without DRM.
This is a trivial seperation of code, that I might add has allready been
done, a good point that we should keep it this way. Yes, there will be
some new memory mngmt code, posibly optonal as well, that is needed for
multi-headed setups.