Re: [Patch 4/4] cpusets top mask just online, not all possible

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 12:44:08 EST

Now that I've actuallly _looked_ at your code, I noticed that the
mems_allowed really is just a nodemask_t.

So, you shouldn't have much to worry about from the current memory
hotplug stuff because we don't mess with hotplugging actual NUMA nodes
yet. As I eluded to before, you might need notification of we ever get
down to a zero-sized node, but that should be id. You'll certainly need
notification when entire nodes go offline, so I'm adding Martin Bligh to
the cc list (we just talked about NUMA hotplug yesterday).

Martin, you might want to look back in your LKML archives for where this
discussion came from.

-- Dave