Re: [rfc][patch] 1/2 Additional cpuset features

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 03:10:00 EST

Good luck with these patches, Simon, though I do not support them.

For the record, I was the one most responsible for removing these two
patches:

1) auto task migration on cpuset change, and
2) cpuset relative CPU/Memory numbering.

I continue to think that these can be done just as well in user space.
A bit better in user space actually, as the locking for (1) is easier
from user space, and the opportunity for more flexible adaption to
different renumbering needs that (2) attempts is easier from user space.

But if others find these worth persuing in kernel space, so be it.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability