Re: [patch] kernel sysfs events layer

From: Robert Love
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 23:13:11 EST

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 16:54 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> Ok, thanks to a respin of the patch by Kay, and some further tweaks by
> me to make the patch a bit smaller (and make the functions
> EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL, Robert and Kay, speak up if you don't like that
> change), I've commited the following patch to my trees, and it should
> show up in the next -mm release

Greg, looks good to me. Thank you much for picking this up.

I am currently out of town (foo camp) so I cannot really test it, but I
did a quick patch review and it looks right on.

> (Andrew, you can drop your other patch in your stack that contained a
> version of this.)

Nod.

> +/**
> + * send_uevent - notify userspace by sending event trough netlink socket

s/trough/through/ ;-)

Kay, any thoughts?

We should probably add at least _some_ user. The filesystem mount
events are good, since we want to add those to HAL.

Again, thanks.

Robert Love