Re: Latest microcode data from Intel.

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 10:44:40 EST

Tigran Aivazian wrote:
Hello,

I have received and tested the latest microcode data file from Intel, The
file is dated 2nd September 2004. You can download it both as standalone
(bzip2-ed) text file and bundled with microcode_ctl utility from the
Download section of the website:

http://urbanmyth.org/microcode/

Please let me know if you find any problems with this data file or with
the Linux microcode driver. Thank you.

Why are you using /dev/cpu/microcode instead of /dev/cpu/N/microcode for each CPU? Today they are all the same device, but for the future I would think this was an obvious CYA.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)