Re: [2.6.9-rc1-bk14 Oops] In groups_search()

From: Peter Williams
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 08:06:46 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
Peter Williams <pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I > still have the original four patches applied. I'll try again with an > unpatched bk16 and let you know the results shortly.

With out of the box bk16 plus your rock.c patch and with CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB and CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC selected I get no oops in in_groupse_p() or kfree() but I still get the scheduling while atomic messages when I do "make install".

OK. Could you please resend one of the scheduling-while-atomic messages?

Also, try disabling CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB, and then reenable it and try
disabling CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC. ie: one at a time, not both at the same
time.

CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB is the one that when selected causes the oops to go away. I.e. CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB alone gives NO oops; CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC alone gives oops.

Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- Ambrose Bierce