RE: Latest microcode data from Intel.

From: Chris Rankin
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 17:24:36 EST

> I have received and tested the latest microcode data
> file from Intel, The file is dated 2nd September
> 2004.

Aha! And this microcode file actually contains data
for my dual P4 Xeons (HT):

IA-32 Microcode Update Driver: v1.14 <tigran@xxxx>
microcode: CPU2 updated from revision 0x18 to 0x22,
date = 03242004
microcode: CPU1 updated from revision 0x18 to 0x22,
date = 03242004
microcode: CPU0 updated from revision 0x18 to 0x22,
date = 03242004
microcode: CPU3 updated from revision 0x18 to 0x22,
date = 03242004

The July 27th offering didn't contain anything for
these CPUs at all. In fact, the July file was
suspiciously smaller than the one from 16th March.

Chris