NFS hangs in 2.4.27

From: Christoph Pleger
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 07:17:47 EST

Hello,

Since a few days I have great NFS problems on six Linux machines. The
execution of "ps aux" shows that processes are hanging for they are
waiting for the completion of uninterruptable NFS I/O and the system
utilization becomes very high.

The hangs occurred since the installation of Kernel 2.4.27 (used 2.4.26
before), so I guess that Kernel 2.4.27 introduces the problems with NFS.
I am not sure about that, but since I reinstalled the old 2.4.26-Kernel
on one of the six computers, that machine works fine.

Has someone else experienced NFS hangs under 2.4.27 so far?

Kind regards
Christoph Pleger