NETWORK broken at least for 2.6.8.1 and 2.6.9-rc1

From: Paulo da Silva
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 19:03:15 EST

Hi:

For almost all sites I cannot download using wget or ftp for example.
I can comunicate between two PCs using ssh and rsync however.
ping and traceroute also work fine.
I discovered this problem because I was unable to fetch any
file when using "emerge -f".
I tried with k 2.6.7 with exactly the same configuration and it works!

I am using gentoo in a laptop Compaq presario 2541EA.
The module is natsemi.c. I tried to copy this file from 2.6.7 into
2.6.9-rc1 and recompile the kernel without any success.
The problem still remains.
If any further information is need, pls. email me.
Thank you.
Here is an example of what happens:
# wget www.esoterica.pt
--00:05:44-- http://www.esoterica.pt/
=> `index.html'
Resolving www.esoterica.pt... 195.22.31.35
Connecting to www.esoterica.pt[195.22.31.35]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...

It stops forever here!!!

For very few sites (cnn.com for example) it works:
# wget www.cnn.com
--00:10:12-- http://www.cnn.com/
=> `index.html'
Resolving www.cnn.com... 64.236.16.52, 64.236.16.84, 64.236.16.116, ...
Connecting to www.cnn.com[64.236.16.52]:80... connected.
Length: unspecified [text/html]

[ <=> ] 60,725 22.24K/s

00:10:19 (22.19 KB/s) - `index.html' saved [60725]