Re: [uml-devel] Re: [patch 1/1] uml: no extraversion in arch/um/Makefile for mainline

From: BlaisorBlade
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 13:28:11 EST

On Monday 06 September 2004 20:36, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Could you please fix UML to not use ghash.h and remove that one before
> playing with new toys? This has been requested a few times now.
Yes, I can try - but I'd like to know the exact reason (I'm not developing UML
as long as Jeff does).

My idea is that ghash.h is just trivial boilerplate which does not deserve
generalized code, so that even rewriting the same exact code without using
those macros (and maybe embedding some assumptions about this usage) would be
a fine solution; also, there is just one user of it
(arch/um/kernel/physmem.c, with just one hash defined), so it shouldn't be
hard.

However, if the problem with ghash.h is different, I need more explainations.
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Linux registered user n. 292729