Re: [uml-devel] Re: [patch 1/3] uml-ubd-no-empty-queue

From: BlaisorBlade
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 13:24:32 EST

On Monday 06 September 2004 23:26, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Please don't use a filename like uml-ubd-no-empty-queue as the Subject:
> of your patches. Please prepare an English-language summary. See
> http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/tpp.txt
Ok, but how can I specify the filename you'll give to the patch?

It would make management between my tree and yours easier for me, if possible.

> I applied three of these - two got rejects against Linus's current
> tree.
>
> Do you have to do this
>
> -menu "SCSI support"
> +if BROKEN
> + menu "SCSI support"
>
> -config SCSI
>
> I think you'll find that
>
> menu "SCSI support"
> depends on BROKEN
>
> works OK.
If you want to add the dependency to SCSI, GENERIC_ISA_DMA and every item in
arch/um/Kconfig_scsi by hand, you're welcome, but I guess not :-).

Otherwise, please note I bracketed everything with if BROKEN....endif. If you
don't like the indent, that's not a problem.
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Linux registered user n. 292729