Re: attribute warn_unused_result

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 09:13:01 EST

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Con Kolivas wrote:

> Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:04:30 +0200
> From: Con Kolivas <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Con Kolivas <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: Arjan van de Ven <arjanv@xxxxxxxxxx>,
> Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: attribute warn_unused_result
>
> Con Kolivas wrote:
> > Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> >> you really are supposed to use the return value of copy_to_user and
> >> friends.
> >

> > Oh dear I hadn't looked at that. My tree must have been corrupted by
> > reiser4 doing the in-out thing to me ;P. Excuse the noise.
> Nope a cleanly unpacked bk13 with a minimal config and gcc 3.4.1
> definitely gives me the following:

Yup, the warnings are there, I see them with bk13 and gcc 3.4.0 as well.
As I said in my previous mail I'm working on fixing the binfmt_elf bits,
and unless someone else beats me to it I'll attempt to deal with the rest
as well.
I'll post the patches as soon as I have something that I feel is resonably
sane, then you guys can all pick it apart ;)

--
Jesper Juhl <juhl-lkml@xxxxxx>