2.6.9-rc1-mm4 badness in rtl8150.c ethernet driver

From: Eric Valette
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 08:26:12 EST

Andrew,

I tried your new test kernel and it broke my USB/Ethernet adapter. Adapter is detected, ifup works but no ping using IP adress on a point to point ethernet network. I saw the file change in the diff and probably something broke (either bogus endianness fixes or changed reset code data or ...). Bitkeeper being unreachable I can hardly follow what incremental broke it but, for sure, it is broken (FYI 2.6.9-rc1-mm2 works).

I also have oops trace when rebooting but cannot read as machines reboots. Will try network console when the rest is fixed :-)

--
__
/ ` Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76 Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette@xxxxxxx