Re: 2.6.9-rc1-mm4

From: Terje Kvernes
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 07:02:50 EST

Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.9-rc1/2.6.9-rc1-mm4/
>
> - Added Dave Howells' mysterious CacheFS.
> - Various new fixes, cleanups and bugs, as usual.

the sk98lin driver in the kernel is getting to be rather old, and
doesn't support things like the Marvel 88E8053 found on Asus P5AD2
Deluxe motherboards. the installation tool from SysKonnect comes
with a patch generator, which makes everything nice and tidy, but
the patch is huge against any current kernel. against 2.6.9-rc1-mm4
we're looking at just over a megabyte.

I have however tested the driver against a few chipsets with 2.6.7
and 2.6.9-rc1-mm4, and it seems to work for me[tm]. I can happily
produce the patch for either of these kernels if need be.

oh, and the version of the driver I've tested, version 7.07, finally
works with tools like pcimodules.

--
Terje