Re: [BUG] r200 dri driver deadlocks

From: Mike Mestnik
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 02:07:50 EST

Most IMPORTANT is that some-one some-where there is a list of ALL of
these. These are best in the form of code comments so the the respective
places in the code can be changed.

--- Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Dose the DRM varify that the cmds are in this order? Why not just
> have
> > the DRM 'sort' the cmds? A simple bouble sort would have no more
> overhead
> > then the check for correct order, but it would fix missordered cmd
> > streams.
> >
> > Once this is done the statement holds true, userland stuff should
> never...
> >

> Feel free to implement it and profile it, but there are so many ways
> to lock up a radeon chip it is scary, the above was just one example,
> some days if you look at it funny it can lockup :-), it is accepted
> that userland can crap out 3D chips, the Intel ones are fairly easy to
> hangup also..

I'd love to, where do I start? The problem he is that I have no-idea...
1. What values I'd neet to test for and sort.
2. The order of the sorting(probly documented in DRI-client code).
3. Where in the DRM I can proform the needed test and sort.

I would also love a list of ALL of these so I can fix them one by one. A
good project for a new DRI developer, no.