Re: swapping and the value of /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

From: Ray Bryant
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 19:29:53 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 04:22:07PM -0500, Ray Bryant wrote:

On a separate issue, the response to my proposal for a mempolicy to control
allocation of page cache pages has been <ahem> underwhelming.
(See: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-mm&m=109416852113561&w=2
and http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-mm&m=109416852416997&w=2 )
I wonder if this is because I just posted it to linux-mm or its not fleshed out enough yet to be interesting?

It was very noncontroversial. Since it's apparently useful to someone
and generally low-impact it should probably be merged.

Yeah, I couldn't see any reason to not go ahead with it, which is why I
didn't say anything :)

Cool. I'll go ahead and finish it and make it something useful then.

--
Best Regards,
Ray