Re: nbd questions and problems

From: Paul Clements
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 11:39:02 EST

> It seems fine, but when the system touch swap there are error in the
> kernel log
>
> nbd0 Receive control failed result -104
>
> and the server exited .

Well, -104 is Connection reset by peer. Nothing in nbd would cause that directly. Without seeing the error messages from the nbd-server it's hard to tell, but I suspect that either nbd-server is dying at startup (check the syslog on the server, a common cause is failure to open the file/partition) or you have some sort of networking issue. Can you otherwise communicate between the two systems over a TCP connection ?

--
Paul