Re: The argument for fs assistance in handling archives

From: Tonnerre
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 10:20:56 EST

Salut,

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:32:08AM -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:
> Hans Reiser <reiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> > Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> > > But _my_ point is, no user program is going to take _advantage_ of
> > >anything that only one filesystem on one system offers.
>
> > Apple does not have this problem....
>
> ... because Apple customers are a captive lot...

ça suffit! Stop that damn evangelization. I've seen lots of content
MacOS/X users. Personally I use MacOS/X, NetBSD and Linux to develop
my software, and I quite like all the three. I'm actively developing
Linux and MacOS/X. Why I do that? Because I'm a technician.

Linux users are no better people whatsoever. Restricting yourself to
one OS is bad. I think most of the FS developers here will agree on
that.

Tonnerre
(who's a technician, not an evangelist)