RE: force_sig_info

From: Zach, Yoav
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 01:50:04 EST

It's a translator - it emulates the behavior of the translated
'process', which is the one that sets the signal mask. On the
other hand, it has its own logic, which requires handling of
certain HW exceptions. In 2.4, signals that were raised due to
HW exceptions could be handled by the translator regardless of
the mask that was set by the translated process. We lost this
ability in 2.6. It will be very good for our product, and I
believe any similar product where a native process emulates
behavior of another process, if we could have this ability
back.

Thanks,
Yoav.